So Today……Guess What?
IT’S Our 21st Wedding Anniversary Today!
Thinking over the years, we have come to the realization that everyone is different and nothing will ever change that. People are always going to be Right and Wrong in the things they do or say as an active part of society. People will always feel Anger and Love towards others who they cross paths with in their lifetime. What has to be realized and done is that everyone take responsibility for who they are and own up to their differences and improve themselves accordingly.
Relationships whether individual, friendship, family, couples can always use improvement. I have come up with a post that will make people think twice as to how different people can be. Me and my husband are celebrating 21 years of marriage today and we’ve decided to write a list of the positive and negatives of what we admire and dislike about one another. We’ve exchanged our list with one another and talked about it and realized things about one another that we have overlooked over the years.
Being together for so long and the fights, battles and making a way back to one another has just made us stronger individuals for it. We are committed to working on our faults individually and spend the rest of our lives appreciating each other’s essence.
We want to share with you guys our list because we think that it is important to make ourselves vulnerable to compliments as well as criticism. We are trying to grow in any way possible and we take it one day at a time.
This is Mine for Him….
- He takes care of his children financially and emotionally.
- He makes me laugh and is very charming.
- He is a great cook.
- He is passionate about being successful and helping his family reach their goals.
- He gives me compliments about my looks without asking.
- He is very considerate and sweet to senior citizens to others.
- He is a lover of all animals.
- He is loyal and doesn’t hold grudges.
I Do Not Love…..
- When he complains about everything from dawn to dusk.
- When he is late for everything that is not important to his interest.
- When he ask advice about something and then says you’re wrong just to see what you’ll say.
- When he doesn’t have trust in anyone including his family.
- When he apologizes for behavior that he repeats over and over with no adjustment.
- When he is pessimistic about everything in life, nothing but failure before hope.
- When he redirects feelings or experiences one has back on himself to get attention.
- When he uses his age as an excuse to prove how much smarter he is.
This is His for Me…..
- She is organized and detail- oriented.
- She is smart, creative and intelligent.
- She is independent.
- She is funny and has a good sense of humor.
- She is giving and unselfish.
- She is not materialistic.
- She keeps up her physical appearance.
- She keeps the house clean.
I Do Not Love….
- She stays mad too long periods of time.
- She is too quick to levy punishment on kids.
- She is uncompromising when you move furniture or rooms to new planograms.
- She drives car brakes and accelerator heavy footed.
- She always put more stuff in shopping cart at store that wasn’t on list originally.
- She won’t commit to specifically scheduled intimacy dates and times but would rather be spontaneous.
- She watches too many shows with real life sadness, unhappiness, and despair.
- She doesn’t relish, reminisce, talk about things from our family’s 22 year timeline of fun times and vacations enough…the fun past memories are important to me.
Life is Precious…Live It!!
Last year, I wrote a post called Marriage and Relationships Are Like Owning a Business and it talked a lot about how every relationship has to be attentive to and like anything when one doesn’t pay attention to the books or communicate, it all goes haywire and it can end. See link below:
If I had any advice to give to people getting married or are looking for one thing to remember throughout their adventure together is:
“Prepare for the fight of your life. You will have blessings and challenges, look at one another and always remember the first time you fell in love”.
Okay so, that’s it!!
Don’t forget to comment, like, subscribe to my blog!!
Also follow me via social media: